The importance of Marriage in Hinduism:
Hinduism means a way of life. It discussed how a Hindu live by following the concepts of Hinduism. It contains several customs and rituals. Especially during the Hindu wedding the priest perform many rituals and customs which are the true ingredients for happy married life. Every ritual has its own importance during one’s life. During the Hindu wedding, the priest let the bride and groom to sworn the seven vows. These seven vows are taken by the couple while walking seven sacred steps around the sacred fire. The sacred fire is the witness of the sworn vows taken by Bride and Groom. During the each step, the priest continuously chants the Sanskrit mantras from Vedas and explain the importance of life after marriage. He narrates, how the bride and groom take care of each other throughout their life under any circumstances. At the each round of the sacred fire, the bride and groom pledge to take care of each other throughout their lives.
Seven Vows of Hindu Marriage:
1. The first vow explains the Bride and Groom blessed for their prosperity as a house hold to the family and would stand against the hinders, who tries to bring breaks in the family.
2. The Second Vow says that the Bride and Groom would lead a healthy life. For the healthy life, both would develop their physical, mental and spiritual attitude.
3. The third vow says that the bride and groom would work together for the earnings to increase their materialistic wealth.
4. The fourth vow says the Bride and Groom would respect with each other. They always try to acquire knowledge and live in harmony.
5. The fifth vow says the Bride and Groom would expand their family by giving birth to their children. They would bring up healthy, brave and honest and respect the elders.
6. The sixth vow says that the couple always needed the self-control of mind, body and soul. So that they can lead their marital relationship for a long time.
7. The seventh vow says that the couple would be more loyal and truthfully entire their life. Then they remain as the best friends and best companions for the lifetime.