PV Sindhu – Famous Badminton Player
PV Sindhu is a famous Indian professional badminton player. Her full name is Pusaria Venkata Sindhu, born on 5 July 1995. She is the first Indian woman Olympic silver medal winner in 2016. Pv Sindhu’s father name is Pv Ramana and mother Vijaya and present living in Hyderabad. Professionally Ramana was a volleyball player and played national and International tournaments. He also awarded Arjuna Award from the government of India. As a child in a sports family, she chose badminton and started playing when she was 8 years old.
She was very inspired by the achievements of famous Badminton player Pullila Gopichand. At first in her early days of learning badminton, she learned basics of the sport from Mehboob Ali. Later, she joined Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy where her skills improved a lot and became a topmost professional Badminton player. Under the training of Gopichand, she won many tournaments and medals. In Junior level, she got a medal in every tournament.
Every day she wakes up as early as 4.15 am and starts her training process. She trained for a long time for perfect fitness.
The NDTV announced PV Sindhu as the NDTV Indian of the year. In the same year, she got a bronze medal in Uber Cup which held in New Delhi. In 2013 she participated in BWF World Championship hosted by China.
She is the first Indian woman who got the back-to-back medals in the World Badminton Championships.
PV Sindhu Achievements
– In the year 2012, she won the Asia Youth Under-19 Championship and also entered into the semi-finals of Li Ning China Masters Super Series tournament which held in China.
– In 2013, she got the Gold medal and win the maiden Grand Prix Gold title.
– In the same year, she got a medal in Badminton World Championship and became India’s first medallist in women’s single.
– In the year 2013, she won the title of Grand Prix Gold. The Indian Government announced Arjun Award which is the highest honours for the sportspersons.
– In 2015, she dominated performed in Denmark Open and defeated three seeded players and entered into final. In the same year, she won the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold and became a strong opponent to every top Badminton players in the world.
– In the year 2016, she bagged another women’s singles titles Malaysia Masters Grand Prix by defeating Scotland’s player Gilmour in the final. In the same year, she stepped into women’s singles semifinal in Summer Olympics.
– In 2017 she made another feather in her hat, India Open Superseries title by defeated Carolina Marina.
– In the year 2015, the Indian Government honoured PV Sindhu by giving Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian award of India.
– She received Padma Shri in 2015, which is the fourth highest civilian award of India.
– In the year 2014, she got FICCI Breakthrough Sportsperson award.
– In the Year 2014, NDTV Indian award was announced to PV Sindhu.
– In the year 2016, She received the highest sports award Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.